Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Sand City

Im in Huanchaco another coastal town. Today we visited Chan Chan, a huge city built out of sand during pre-inca times by the Chimu. The coastal part of peru does not get rain...none... except during El Nino, so at its peak Chan Chan was a sand city supporting around 60,000 people. Of course we can thank our spanish amigos from destroying most of it. You still dont believe me about the rain...internet cafes here do not have proper roofs. When you ask "what do you do when it rains"...the answer you get is "it doesnt rain".


Chimu design

3 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bartku,
I am a friend of Your Mom. Since she has passed me your link four people are travelling with you ( I mean virtually). Fantastic, my dream at your age. Me and Chris ( my second half) we are going to use your guidance 3 years from now.
Thanks for telling us what we could face.
Regards,
Barbara

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Bartek Kunowski said...

Virtual Tourism, the industry of the future :) Glad youre enjoying the blog. I can tell you all about the adventure if/when i get back to TO. I have so many travel ideas in my head from all the people ive met and stories that ive heard...you should budget a solid decade to cover it all :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home