Thursday, January 05, 2006

Patagonia...not the company...the place

Over the last three days ive been hiking, horseback riding and having a great time in Torres del Paine national park in Chile. This is¨"the" big attraction in patagonia and its easy to see why. One of the most beautiful places on earth that ive ever been to. The first day i did the famous Towers hike. The following day, i went horseback riding...this was my third time ever...and i must say it was for real this time. The horses were magnificent...strong, fast and very responsive to every command. On several occasions we were in a full gallop. For those unaware (as i was a few days ago) there are different names for the various ways a horse runs, each one getting progresivly faster...walk, trot, canter and gallop (think horses racing on a track). Luckly i had a great teacher. Tonight im in Puerto Arenas, still on the chilean side but will be crossing back into argentina tomorrow.


buźki do słońca

2 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi bart
to be young again.Great adventure's.
I amagine that you will teach me how to take great pictures and that will make me unbelievably happy.Happy new year!
hopefully my lessons can start at cottage in july.
sue

 
At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bart, it's Yannick ! Remember me ? Trek America tour, Sept. 2004 ?

I just spent the last couple hours reading about your trip in europe. Man, you just have the coolest life !!

Well, I'm off to bed now, but I'll come back more often now that I finally found your blog (again) !!

Cheers, mate ! Take care, and happy new year !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home