Wednesday, August 03, 2005

The simple life

It has been a relief to be traveling again with just my backpack. For a while in poland, my sister had brought me lots of nice pants, shirts, shoes which i was very excited to be able to wear. But seeing all that stuff leave on the plane was liberating. I remember departing toronto at the beginning of my trip and remember feeling a little naked with just a backpack. Now i can fully appreciate the mobility and the simplicity of my travel. So for all those interested, here is a list of everything i carry with me (ive been asked this many times):
1 large backpack
1 day pack
3 underwear (only use 2, 1 is a spare) ***
2 pairs of hiking socks
2 hiking t-shirts
1 hiking shirt
1 hiking shorts
1 hiking pants/shorts
1 jeans
1 belt
1 going out shirt
1 pair hiking shoes
1 pair of sandals
1 flip flops
1 ultra-small towel
1 sweater
1 rain jacket
1 toque
camera gear
toiletries
medical kit
books
other small things (flashlight, sink stop, laundry detergent, etc)

*** Yes, laundry becomes part of your daily routine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home