Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Dirty feet

Marrakech...my favorite place in Morocco thus far. I'm getting really good with dealing with the people here...at first it's quite hard to figure out who's a faux-guide and who's actually a nice person. After purchasing a berber tool to clean my feet with (they get dirty real easy in this hot, dusty place)...i spoke to the sales guy for a while...told him my story, he saw that i liked photography so he introduced me to his uncle who owns a big antique shop next door...he took me up to the terrace where i could take some cool pics of the city...we sat and talked for 1/2 hour and i went on my way. But the whole time, im always wondering if he's gonna try to sell me something.

Anyway, the souqs (covered marketplaces) are really an experience not to be missed. They're so colorful...filled with people selling everything from slippers, to olives, to cameleons. The main square is crazy at night...you got about 200 outdoor food stands (a typical line from a guy standing in front is "My friend, i have a reserved spot for you, air-conditioned"), about 50 orange juice stands (shawn...hand squeezed), musicians, dancers, snake charmers, and hundreds upon hundreds of people. Great place.

IMG_5811_

IMG_5812_

3 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Blogger Yarek said...

Don't forget to ride a camel in the desert.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Bartek Kunowski said...

In Merzouga a camel awaits.

 
At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...I'm still not quite sure if your dirty feet could beat my dirty feet in the ultimate filthy feet contest...no chance, none.

NYC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home